Essential oils are natural, aromatic compounds found in plants that are extracted and distilled and bottled so we can use them for our health! The oil comes from different parts like the bark, root, leaf, or stem of the plant depending on each individual plant. Oils are POTENT! Just one drop can service your entire body which makes them easy and super AFFORDABLE to use! They also have many compounds so each drop is useful in many different ways.
This is the fast and easy way to use oils! Your skin is an organ! It will absorb essential oils quickly and your body will respond quickly using this method. SAFTEY FIRST! Although, some oils are perfectly safe to apply directly on to adult skin one drop at a time, dilution is important for many other oils and necessary when using on children at all times. Further safety tips HERE.
1) LOCATION OF ISSUE - Apply to area of concern like your stomach or on a bug bite, where your pain is like your neck or back.
2) BOTTOM OF FEET - Apply to the bottom of your feet where your pores allow oils to easily enter the bloodstream quickly and affect change in the body.
3) OTHER AREAS - Other common areas are down the spine, the back of your neck or over your heart, or on your wrists.
4) SKIN - Apply essential oils on your face for amazing benefits. Frankincense is fantastic for wrinkles and sun spots, Melaleuca can affect blemishes and Geranium is fantastic for the face and even dry, irritated, flaky skin. Lavender is a huge support for burns on skin.
Essential oils are NATURAL compounds from the earth. They function as the plant's immune system. In the same way, they are a gift to us! If you are looking for a natural way to support your health goals, these little bottles would be my favorite way to get started! Using plants for health purposes used to be difficult, but now that we have these little bottles of oils, you can reach for them anytime you need a drop and they are safe on the shelf for years.
Using oils aromatically is not just to make things smell nice! Essential oils are quickly absorbed by the smell receptors in our bodies, which have a direct link to the limbic system by way of the olfactory nerve. Guess what!? The limbic system is what supports the smell, emotions, behavior & memory functions! Whether you use a diffusor that uses water and cool air to disperse the oils, or just put a drop in your hand and breathe deep, you can experience the benefits.
1) BETTER SLEEP - Diffusing oils like lavender, cedar wood, or vetiver in your room at night is calming and encourages restful sleep. Or apply to your pillow!
2) OPENING AIRWAYS - When your respiratory system is not functioning well, diffuse Breathe respiratory blend to encourage easier breathing.
3) GERMS BE GONE - Diffusing essential oils will cleanse the air of germs AND make it smell better at the same time! On Guard is our powerhouse for killing germs!
4) MOOD - Our olfactory system is connected to the amygdala of our brain that is the center for our emotions and even motivation. So it is a powerful way to affect all sorts of emotions! Try diffusing Citrus Bliss to boost your mood!
When using essential oils, it is important to have proper instruction on how to use them safely. Dilution is necessary for children and some oils need to be diluted at all times. The research surrounding essential oils continues to develop, and the three application methods are safe when used appropriately, including Aromatically, Topically, and Internally. See the information below for details and go HERE for more safety tips and instructions.
doTERRA essential oils can be taken internally when there is a supplemental box on the bottle. This is the only brand of essential oils that I can say to use internally because of the scrutiny of testing that each bottle of oil goes through to make sure that the oil is pure and safe for health/therapeutic benefits. The body easily recognizes essential oils and is able to metabolize them easily. Safety tips HERE.
1) REDUCE TOXINS - 1-3 drops of a citrus oil in your water each day is helpful in reducing toxins in the body. Use glass or metal container.
2) INFLAMMATION - The use of Frankincense internally each day is known to produce a healthy inflammatory response and help with cellular function. Damage cells need to be removed from our body and replaced with healthy ones. Frankincense helps this process!
3) BE WELL - Anytime I feel that my immune system is compromised and things are about to turn ugly, I go internal. The combination of Frankincense, Lemon, Oregano, On Guard & Melaleuca is powerful for times like these in an empty capsule.
4) STOMACH - I love taking Digestzen in a capsule to settle my stomach!